Some actions are free, some cost money, it’s up to you and your circumstances to determine what you do.
Here are a few ideas to start you on your way, or if you are already involved, add your portfolio of actions.
- Dedicate a Tree
- Adopt an animal through:
Whale & Dolphin Conservation (WDC)
Marine Conservation Society
- Go on a beach cleaning day with Beachwatch.
- Join an environmental group which specialises in things you love - for a range of organisations see our links page.
- Help birds in your garden with the RSPB.
- Buy an acre of rainforest through the Woodland Trust.
- Take an ecotourism holiday.
- Plant insect friendly flowers in your garden with help from The Bee Cause.
- Do NOT buy curios such as coral, shells, dried seahorses, etc.
- Become an eco activist with Sea Shepherd or Greenpeace.
- Reduce your use of plastics. Find out more at Marine Conservation Society or Plastic Soup Foundation,
- Avoid exotic pets, anything from a snake to a monkey. See why at Wildlife Conservation Network or Born Free.